For the second week of the Cultural Cul-de-sac series, BMoCA hosts OFF Cinema for Laughter is the Brecht Medicine: Surrealism, Absurdity and the Avant-Garde, a screening of six films with a live musical score performed by Pearls and Perils and guest filmmaker, Dario Ortega.
- Hans Richter, Ghosts Before Breakfast, 1928. 16mm film; 9 minutes.
Featuring a live score by Boulder musician, Pearls and Perils
- Peter Rose, Secondary Currents, 1982. 16mm film; 16 minutes.
- Jim Finn, Encounters with your Inner Trotsky Child, 2013. Digital; 21 minutes.
- Dario Ortega, The Pink Concept, 2016. Digital; 5 minutes.
Filmmaker in person!
- Owen Land, On the Marriage Broker Joke as Cited by Sigmund Freud in Wit and its Relation to the Unconscious, or Can the Avant Garde Artist be Wholed?, 1979. 16mm film; 18 minutes.
- Lori Felker, Discontinuity, 2016. Digital; 15 minutes.